The 2018 EMDRIA Conference is being held in Atlanta, Georgia on Oct. 4 – 7, 2018. Attending the EMDRIA Conference is a great way for EMDR Therapists to learn from different presenters on special situations and populations.
For therapists interested in learning more about this year’s EMDRIA Conference presenters, below is a list of books some of the presenters have written that may help therapists get more insight into trauma and EMDR Therapy:
- EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children, Second Edition: Infants to Adolescents ~ by Robbie Adler-Tapia and Carolyn Settle, MSW, LCSW
- Integrating Relational Psychoanalysis and EMDR: Embodied Experience and Clinical Practice ~ by Hemda Arad
- Neurobiological Foundations for EMDR Practice ~ by Uri Bergmann, PhD
- Healing the Folks Who Live Inside: How EMDR Can Heal Our Inner Gallery of Roles ~ by Esly Carvalho, Ph.D.
- EMDR Solutions II: For Depression, Eating Disorders, Performance, and More ~ by Robin Shapiro (Editor), Cheryl Clayton (Contributor)
- Clinical Dharma: A Path for Healers and Helpers ~ by Dr. Stephen Dansiger
- EMDR Essentials: A Guide for Clients and Therapists ~ by Barb Maiberger
- Dyadic Resourcing: Creating a Foundation for Processing Trauma ~ by Philip Manfield
- EMDR Up Close: Subtleties of Trauma Processing ~ by Dr. Philip Manfield
- Resolva Seu Passado: Estudos de Casos com Terapia EMDR (Portuguese Edition) ~ by Esly Regina Souza de Carvalho
- Cultural Competence and Healing Culturally Based Trauma with EMDR Therapy: Innovative Strategies and Protocols ~ by Mark Nickerson, LICSW
- The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control and Becoming Whole ~ by Arielle Schwartz, PhD
- EMDR Therapy and Somatic Psychology: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment in Trauma Treatment ~ by Arielle Schwartz and Barb Maiberger
- The Sacred Path of the Therapist: Modern Healing, Ancient Wisdom, and Client Transformation ~ by Irene R. Siegel
Speaking of EMDR Therapy Books, at this year’s EMDRIA Conference, Dr. Arielle Schwartz and Barb Maiberger will be presenting “EMDR Therapy and Somatic Psychology: Interventions to Enhance Embodiment” (Session 236 – Oct. 5, Friday), which is based on their new book.
This presentation is an introduction to Somatic Psychology and how it interfaces with EMDR Therapy. Somatic Psychology studies the relationship between the body and psychological states by highlighting physiological patterns as a primary foundation of human behavior. Therapists will learn a brief history of somatic psychology and the basic principles that are the foundations of body centered therapies. You will learn about the physiology of the nervous system and how somatic interventions directly influence nervous system regulation. These advanced tools will help clients work through stuck processing by helping them build affect and sensation tolerance.
If you can’t make it to Atlanta, this session will be streamed through the internet live where you can earn EMDRIA credits.
We hope these resources are useful to you, and we look forward to connecting with you at the 2018 EMDRIA Conference.