Boulder EMDR Network Meeting
Date: Monday October 22, 2012, 11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Spice of Life Event Center
Flatirons Golf Course
5706 Arapahoe Rd.
Boulder, CO 80303
[ map ]
11:45-Noon Sign-in and networking
Noon-12:15 Welcome, announcements, discussion
12:15-1:45 “Using EMDR and Brainspotting with Clients Who Have Experienced Critical Incidents”
- Mary Hartnett, Ph.D. will present 5 models of EMDR for working with clients in various stages of recovery from critical incidents. These are from the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research, and will include examples of the research done. Then Mary, and Bette Sheldon Long, Ph.D., and Pie Frey, Psy.D., will each present a case in which they have worked with victims of the Four Mile Fire and other critical incidents. Mary Hartnett, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist in private practice in Boulder. She specializes in treating children, adults and families and uses EMDR and Brainspotting extensively with trauma cases.
- Bette Sheldon Long, Ph.D. is a Licensed Psychologist with a private practice in Boulder and Longmont. She works with children, adolescents, and adults and specializes in trauma. She has been using EMDR since 1998 and Brainspotting since 2007.
- Pie Frey works in private practice with adolescents and adults. Specialties include working with trauma, addictions, mood and anxiety disorders, traumatic brain injuries, school based issues, performance, mind/body issues and spirituality. Dr. Frey was trained in EMDR in 1991 and Brainspotting in 2006. She has worked as an assistant to Dr.David Grand in many Phase One, Phase Two, Intensive trainings, and the new Phase Three training. Dr. Frey also teaches Phase One and Phase Two BSP trainings.
To register, e-mail Keith Andresen, MA, LPC ([email protected]), by Wednesday October 17th so he can send a lunch count to Spice of Life.
The cost is $20.00 for the meeting with lunch or $5 for the meeting without lunch. You will pay on the day of the meeting at the door. Please register by Wednesday October 17th.
When I get your e-mail, I will send you a confirmation e-mail. If you don’t get a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours, please e-mail me again as your e-mail may not have reached me.
For those who register late with lunch (after Wednesday October 17th), the fee will be $24.00.
NOTE: Due to food preparation requirements at Spice of Life, we are charged for meals cancelled after October 17th. We request you pay for the meal ($18.50) if you cancel after Wednesday October 17th because we will be charged for that meal.
E-mail Keith at [email protected]
Lunch is a buffet as follows. Please let Keith know if you want a vegetarian lunch:
- Assorted Breads & Rolls
- Chef’s Choice Side Salad
- Chef’s Choice Fish Entrée
- Chef’s Choice Chicken Entree
- Chef’s Choice Starch
- Chef’s Choice Vegetable
SERVED (Upon request with early registration)
- Chefs Choice Vegetarian Entree
- Coffee, Decaf & Tea
- Iced Tea