Date: Monday October 24 , 2011 – 11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Spice of Life Event Center
Flatirons Golf Course
5706 Arapahoe Rd.
Boulder, CO 80303
[ map link ]
- 11:45-Noon – Sign-in and networking
- Noon-12:15 – Welcome, announcements, discussion
- 12:15-1:45 – Using Integrative Medicine Techniques for Depression.
Mary Hartnett, PhD. will present current research findings from 3 presenters at the Colorado Integrative Medicine Conference in July 2011. She will cover Dr. Richard Davidson’s work on compassion training, Dr. Scott Shannon’s use of many alternative medications, and Dr. Henry Emmons program of resilience training.
Mary is a licensed psychologist in private practice in Boulder. She has worked with children, adolescents and adults for 30 years. She works with traumas of all kinds using EMDR and Brainspotting, and also specializes in work with the gifted population.
NOTE from Keith: “I know this is not about EMDR or Brainspotting. At the last meeting, the group liked this topic and voted for this talk, so that’s what we are doing this time.”
RSVP: To register, e-mail Keith Andresen, MA, LPC, by Wednesday, October 19th so he can send a lunch count to Spice of Life.
- The cost is $20.00 for the meeting with lunch or $5 for the meeting without lunch. You will pay on the day of the meeting at the door. Please register by Wednesday October 19th.
- When they get your e-mail, they will send you a confirmation e-mail. If you don’t get a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours, please e-mail them again as your e-mail may not have reached them.
- For those who register late (after Wednesday October 19th), the fee will be $24.00.
NOTE: Due to food preparation requirements at Spice of Life, they are charging for meals cancelled after October 19th. They request that you pay for the meal ($18.50) if you cancel after Wednesday October 19th because they will be charged for that meal.
Lunch is a buffet as follows. Please let Keith know if you want a vegetarian lunch.
~ Assorted Breads & Rolls ~
~Chef’s Choice Side Salad~
~Chef’s Choice Fish Entrée~
~Chef’s Choice Chicken Entree~
~Chef’s Choice Starch~
~Chef’s Choice Vegetable~
SERVED (Upon request with early registration)
~Chefs Choice Vegetarian Entree~
~Coffee, Decaf & Tea~