Therapists interested in learning more about working with addictions through the lens of trauma, and how to stabilize clients using EMDR Therapy to give clients ease in their body and mind might be interested in the following sample of the books that Barb Maiberger and John Gray recommend in their EMDR Advanced Training, “Addictions and EMDR Therapy”
- Treating Addictions With EMDR Therapy and the Stages of Change ~ Abel, N., O’Brien, J.
- A Woman’s Way through the Twelve Steps ~ Covington, S.
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addictions ~ Gabor, M.
- A Man’s Way through the Twelve Steps ~ Griffin, D.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Scripted Protocols: Special Populations ~ Luber, M.
- EMDR in Addiction Continuing Care: A Phenomenological Study of Women Treated in Early Recovery ~ Marich, J.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing ~ Shapiro, F.
- EMDR Solution: Pathways to Healing ~ Shapiro, Robin
- EMDR: Chemical Dependency Treatment Manual ~ Voglemann-Sine, Sine, Smyth, Popky
More EMDR Therapy Books can be found in EMDR Therapy Resources page.
We hope these resources will help therapists build a library of knowledge in using EMDR Therapy successfully with clients struggling with addictions.
Learn more about “EMDR Therapy Tools for Addictions”
More books about “Addictions and EMDR Therapy”
Image Source: “PET_-_Human_Addiction” by Nora Volkow via Wikipedia Commons (CC- CreativeCommons)