Self-Care for Therapists — Training Overview
This two day-day training is designed for therapists to learn self-care tools necessary in counteracting the challenges around Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma, and burnout that come from working with trauma. Through out this workshop, therapists will identify their strengths and vulnerabilities in regard to self-care in supporting their health and resiliency within their lives and professions. Participants will engage in a variety of self-care exercises that will include pre-session, mid- session and post- session practices. These concepts and skills will be explored didactically as well as experientially. Therapists will leave this workshop with a personalized self-care plan and be able to put these skills into practice immediately.
- Recognize the basic signs of Compassion Fatigue (CF) and Vicarious Trauma (VT).
- Assess if they are suffering for CF or VT.
- Identify and demonstrate one or more self-care exercises for beginning psychotherapy sessions.
- Identify and demonstrate one or more self-care exercises to utilize during the middle of psychotherapy sessions.
- Identify and practice one or more self-care exercises to engage at the end of psychotherapy sessions.
- Identify a personalized and sustainable self –care plan to support their work as a therapist.
Required Training Materials
Required training materials, such as Handouts, will be emailed to Participants one week prior to start date of training. All Participants are required to bring these materials with them by either printing their own copy, or bringing in digital form (tablet, laptop). Additional copies will not be available at the training. All copyrighted training materials will only be available for the duration of the training.
This program is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact us if special accommodations are required.
In order for therapists to be eligible for this training, therapist must be able to provide one of the requisite State credentials below prior to (or at time of) registration and payment:
- State License as Mental Health Professional
- State Registered as Mental Health Professional
- State Certified as Mental Health Professional
- State Temporary-Licensed as Mental Health Professional
EMDR Advanced Training Eligibility Requirements
Prior training in EMDR Therapy is only required if an EMDR Therapist is seeking EMDRIA credits (see below regarding “Certificate of Completion”). Full completion of an EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Training is required for therapists to be eligible for EMDRIA Credits. Therapists are required to email a scanned copy of their EMDR Basic Training “Certificate of Completion” to the Maiberger Institute prior to registration to receive EMDRIA Credits.
Please email the Community Manager prior to registration and payment if you have questions regarding eligibility:
- Email: [email protected]
- Subject: Eligibility Requirements for “Self-Care for Therapists”
- Please provide your state credentials in the email.
* See Cancellation Policy regarding ineligibility.
Certificate and Credits
Upon meeting the Requirements for this training, participants will receive a “Certificate of Completion” for EMDR Advanced Training from the Maiberger Institute. Only NBCC.org members may receive NBCC CE Hours for this training, and only EMDRIA.org members may receive EMDRIA Credits (EC) for this training. Non-members will be awarded general training “clock hours” on their Certificates. Certificates and credit hours will only be provided for full participation and completion of the training for which the participant is registered. Certificates and credit hours will not be provided for participants that cancel, partially attend, “No Shows,” or for those that do not complete the entire training. Additional fees will apply for replacement copies of Certificates.
EMDRIA Credits: 12 EC — Full completion of an EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Training and membership with EMDRIA.org are required for therapists interested in receiving EMDRIA Credits (EC) for this training. Therapists are required to email a scanned copy of their EMDR Basic Training “Certificate of Completion” to the Maiberger Institute prior to registration to receive EMDRIA Credits.
- Email: [email protected]
- Subject: EMDRIA Credits for EMDR Advanced Trainings
- Please email a scanned copy of your EMDR Basic Training “Certificate of Completion”
NBCC Credit Hours: 12 CE Hours — The Maiberger Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP – Provider #6436. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC CE Hours are clearly identified. Maiberger Institute is solely responsible for all aspect of the programs.
Registration and Payment Policies
Information regarding rates, location, and dates are available through the EMDR Training Schedule.
By registering and providing payment for this training, applicants are agreeing to all the Terms and Conditions of this training.
Registrant and Payee must be the same person using the same email accounts in order to participate in this training. Full payment is due at time of registration, and must be made online by Visa or MasterCard.
Payment posted at top of Registration Page is the final payment amount due at time of registration, and is already adjusted for any discounts or fees. Included within (as in, already a part of) the Regular Registration fee is a non-refundable and non-transferrable $95 Application Fee, and applies to all applicants.
All participants in this training agree to conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner during the training. The Maiberger Institute reserves the right to request any participant to leave the training if that participant is not acting in a professional or ethical manner, and the participant’s registration in the training will be cancelled with no refunds.
Please email the Community Manager if alternative methods of registration and payment are required.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
- All requirements, policies, terms, and conditions for this training apply to all registrants and payees.
- Only the original registrant may request a cancellation.
- Requests for cancellation must be made and confirmed in writing, and only through the Registrant’s email account used during registration.
- Included within (as in, already a part of) the Regular Registration fee is a non-refundable and non-transferrable $95 Application Fee, and applies to all applicants.
- If a Registrant cancels before the start date of training, the Registrant’s seat will be cancelled, and a refund of the Registrant’s payment (minus the non-refundable and non-transferrable $95 Application Fee) will be initiated upon confirmation of cancellation request.
- Refunds can only be provided by the original means paid, and to the original payee.
- Seats, registrations, payments, and deposits cannot be transferred to other trainings, or persons after registration and payment is received by the Maiberger Institute.
- There are no refunds on or after start date of training.
- There are no refunds for “No Shows,” partial attendance, or those that do complete the training.
- Any Registrant that has not checked in by start time of training will be considered a “No Show,” and the Registrants seat, registration, and credits will be cancelled.
- Any Registrant that does not not properly sign-in and sign-out to the assigned training times and dates will be considered a “No Show,” and the Registrants seat, registration, and credits will be cancelled.
- If a Registrant is found to be ineligible after registration and payment is provided, the Registrant’s seat will be automatically cancelled, and the Registrant will be refunded their registration payment (minus the non-refundable $95 Application Fee).
- If the Maiberger Institute cancels the scheduled training, registrants will be notified, and a full refund will be provided to all registrants.
Please email the Community Manager prior to registration and payment with any questions regarding the training.
Hotels, Transportation, and Dining
Registrants are responsible for arranging their own accommodations, transportation, and dining. The Maiberger Institute is not liable for refunds for travel expenses due to cancellations.
Terms and Conditions
All registrants agree to all Terms and Conditions of this training by providing registration and payment.
Registrants are prohibited from recording training sessions, and group consultations by electronic devices (audio/video), or distributing the recording or any portion thereof.
All Registrants will be required to agree to the “EMDR Training Participant Agreement, Release and Assumption of Risk” form at time of registration and payment.
The Maiberger Institute reserves the right to change, modify, alter, or delete any requirements, policies, terms and conditions as necessary without notice.
EMDR Advanced Trainings EMDR Advanced Trainings FAQ EMDR Trainers Testimonials