Today is the first day of the 2015 EMDRIA Conference (Aug. 27th – 30th), which is being held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania year. The theme of the EMDRIA Conference this year is “The Freedom to Heal.”
Bringing EMDR Therapy to more and more people is helping the world heal from trauma, and changing lives profoundly. Attending the conference is a great way for therapists to gain new skills and knowledge to deepen their practices of EMDR Therapy.
The 2015 EMDRIA Conference includes four days of exciting presenters on EMDR Therapy with special situations and populations, neurobiology of trauma, as well as, clinical practice of EMDR Therapy.
For therapists interested in learning more about this year’s EMDRIA Conference presenters, below is a list of books some of the presenters have written that may help therapists gain more insight into trauma and EMDR Therapy:
- EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children: Treatment Manual ~ Robbie Adler-Tapia, Ph.D
- Neurobiological Foundations for EMDR Practice ~ Uri Bergmann, Ph.D
- Healing the Heart of Trauma and Dissociation with EMDR and Ego State Therapy ~ Carol Forgash, LCSW
- EMDR Toolbox: Theory and Treatment of Complex PTSD and Dissociation ~ Jim Knipe, PhD
- A Guide to the Standard EMDR Protocol for Clinicians, Supervisors and Consultants ~ Andrew Leeds, PhD
- Trauma-Attachment Tangle: Modifying EMDR to help Children Resolve Trauma and Develop Loving Relationships ~ Joan Lovett, MD
- EMDR Up Close: Subtleties of Trauma Processing ~ Dr. Philip Manfield
- Neurobiology and Treatment of Traumatic Dissociations: Towards an Embodied Self ~ Ulrich Lanius, PhD
- Looking Through the Eyes of Trauma and Dissociation: An Illustrated Guide for EMDR Therapists and Clients ~ Sandra Paulsen, PhD
Image Source: “Philadelphia skyline from south street bridge” by Bmoredlj via WikimediaCommons (CC)