What is the difference between receiving a “EMDR Training Certificate of Completion” versus becoming “EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist”?
Upon completion of EMDR Training, you will receive an “EMDR Training Certificate of Completion” from the Maiberger Institute. This means you have been trained to practice EMDR Therapy, and you will be able to join EMDR International Association (EMDRIA).
In order to become a “EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist,” you must also meet the following criteria:
- Have license/certification/registration to practice independently as a mental health professional.
- Become a member of EMDRIA – the EMDR International Association
- Meet the requirements set by EMDRIA to become a “EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist”:
- Completion of the EMDR Training
- Receive 20 hours of consultation by an Approved Consultant in EMDR
- at least 10 hours through individual face-to- face
- the remaining 10 hours may be obtained through small groups
- At least 50 EMDR trauma sessions with no less than 25 clients
- Complete 12 hours of CEU’s in EMDR post the Basic Training
For more information:
- Click here for more information on how to become a “EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist.” You can also visit EMDRIA.org for more information.